· By Functional Chocolate
What are the Best Guilt-Free Treats to Include in Your Holiday Gift Baskets?
‘Tis the season for giving. But what should you do if you are tired of giving the same old gifts that don’t get used? Functional snacks and beverages are a great option to include in gift baskets and as stocking stuffers for loved ones and friends.
In this article, we take a look at what makes guilt-free functional treats a great complement to add to your holiday gift-giving ideas. From health-boosting benefits to great flavors, these tasty treats are the gift that keeps giving and are sure to be appreciated. Read on for our top five gifts to include in your gift baskets this season.
What Makes a Treat Guilt-Free?
While definitions may vary, there are a variety of characteristics that comprise a truly guilt-free treat. What makes a product guilt-free has to do with the way its ingredients are sourced and the nutritional value found in each serving.
Some qualities to look for in a guilt-free snack include the following:
- Low to No-Added Sugar
- Meet Dietary Needs (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
- Made Without Artificial Ingredients
- No Harmful Fats
- Contain Health Benefiting Properties
- Sourced using ethical practices
The Best Functional Treats to Give for Any Celebration
There are multiple snacks, drinks, and desserts on the market that boast guilt-free enjoyment, but not all snacks are created equal. We provide our top five guilt-free goodies to include in your gifts for a happy, healthy holiday season.
Smart Cookie Barkery – What better gift to give the dog lover in your life than a functional treat for their K9 companion? Smart Cookie Treats are handmade in small batches with natural ingredients. Free of grains and fillers, these cookies are made in a real kitchen and air-dried to maintain their nutritional value. They also make treats to address different dietary needs, like hypoallergenic, sensitive stomach, and functional treats.
Evil Snacks – Perfect for habitual snackers, these crunchy mushroom chips are packed with flavor and made from whole organic oyster mushrooms. Adding to the guilt-free theme, these snacks are non-GMO, vegan, no palm oil, and no MSG. Plus, they come in various flavors, including Fiery Thai, Sour Cream, and Original.
- YumButter – Have an outdoor athlete in your life? The mini squeeze pouches from Yum Butter make a great addition to gift baskets or stockings. Their delicious nut butter is sourced using ethical practices, and proceeds from their sales go towards helping provide meals and care to children in need through their Buy One, Help Nourish program. You can choose from peanut, cashew, energy almond, and superfood almond butter.
- Uncle Matt’s Organic Shots – These cute 2 oz ultimate shots are perfect for a little holiday pick-me-up. Packed with vitamins C, D, and Zinc, they come in three varieties, including Ultimate Defense (pineapple), Ultimate Energy (mango), and Ultimate Immune (elderberry). Uncle Matt’s juices are certified glyphosate residue-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
- Functional Chocolate – The great thing about Functional Chocolate bars is that there is an option for just about every health reality. From improved focus and sleep quality to pain reduction and PMS relief, there is a deliciously unique chocolate bar to handle it. These treats contain high-quality dark chocolate, and they are vegan and gluten-free.
Give the gift of health and wellness this year. It is a great way to show how much you care and provide loved ones with delectable treats that are convenient and completely guilt-free. What’s not to love about that?
Want to gift loved ones and friends with something delightful and beneficial to their well-being?