Symptoms of Endometriosis and Holistic Therapies
March is Endometriosis Awareness Month. It is recognized as an opportunity to educate people about this painful condition which affects around 190 million people globally. Early detection and prevention are key in combating the disease. Treatment options, Including holistic therapies, may bring relief to those who suffer from it.
Endometriosis Symptoms and Causes
Endometriosis is described as the presence of endometrial-like tissue outside of the womb. The disease can lead to severe pain, bowel and bladder issues, inflammation, and in some cases infertility. Those who suffer from the condition can experience symptoms that greatly impact their quality of life, and there is no cure.
While common menstrual symptoms are uncomfortable, the symptoms of endometriosis go beyond normal discomfort. Symptoms that need medical attention include: excessively heavy bleeding, painful intercourse, pain that becomes worse after sex, dibilitating menstrual cramps, fatigue/migranes that worsen around menstruation.
There are also different theories on the causes of endometriosis, but they remain unknown.
Stages of Endometriosis
There are four stages with endometriosis that depend on the severity of endometrial tissues implanted outside of the uterus.
- Minimal- Few implants on ovaries with minor lesions and inflammation.
- Mild- Shallow implants with mild inflammation.
- Moderate- More significant lesions and implants found on the ovaries.
- Severe- Many deep implants and lesions on ovaries that may also be found in fallopian tubes and bowels.
Misconceptions of Endometriosis
- It’s just a bad period- While symptoms vary greatly for patients, the most severe cases are life altering.
- It only affects the pelvic region- Although endometriosis is mostly associated with the pelvic region, pleural endometriosis affects the diaphragm and lungs.
- I can’t have it if I am young- Symptoms of endometriosis often start early in life yet go unchecked.
- It only happens to those who menstruate- The disease can occur in those who mensturate AND those who do not.
Treatment Options and Holistic Therapies
While there is no known cure, there are treatments that may significantly reduce the intensity of symptoms. Some treatments include: surgical removal of tissue, oral contraceptives, physical therapy, diet and nutrition, and holistic treatments.
Holistic therapies such as acupuncture and herbal treatments can serve to reduce several symptoms including pain and fatigue to name a few.
Omega 3’s, chamomile, turmeric, green tea, and Chinese herbs contain properties that are particularly potent in fighting the symptoms and progression of endometriosis.
Rhythm Chocolate For Menstrual Relief
Rhythm Chocolate contains a power house of botanicals that help with menstrual symptoms.
- SaffSerene® is clinically shown to provide a 50% reduction in the severity of PMS symptoms, helping support healthy mood, balance and stress levels.
- Organic D3 Mushroom Powder has been shown to support a balance of proper hormone production, while D3 deficiency in women has been reported to lead to hormone imbalance.
- Dong Quai Extract is referred to as the "female ginseng”. It has been used for centuries to help relieve cramps, irregular menstrual cycles and infrequent periods.
- Maca originated in the Andes regions of Peru and Bolivia. It has been used to support proper hormone balancing, relieve menstrual discomfort, and normalize blood flow during menstruation.
Order Rhythm Chocolate today and see for yourself how this confectionary creation can help!