Mother’s Day Gifts That Do More
Mother’s Day is about showing the mothers in our lives how much we appreciate them, and finding the perfect gift goes beyond aesthetics. When buying a Mother’s Day gift, look for one that also does good to show them how much you appreciate all they have given you.
Gifts For Self Care
Gifts that inspire self care are the gifts that keep giving. It is no surprise that self care is more important now than ever. Mother’s Day gifts that promote mental and physical well being have a lasting impact that give mothers a way to access the things that make them feel good.
From self-care gift boxes to active wear, there is a gift to match the interests of any mom. Journals and yoga classes are great ideas for mom’s who enjoy self-reflection and connecting to their inner self, while adventurous types may enjoy a new pair of hiking boots or a cooking class. Those with a sweet-tooth are sure to love a quality dark chocolate with a rich red wine.
Ultimately, the best gifts make the recipient feel good. And when mom feels good, everyone feels good.
Gifts That Are Good For The Planet
Show love to both your mother and Mother Earth at the same time with an eco-friendly gift!
Some gift ideas that are also good for the planet include:
- Gifts that recycle single use plastics- From makeup bags to trendy earrings, there are a wide variety of products made from single use plastic that are both cute and durable.
- Thermal mugs- Designer travel mugs are fun and they help replace single use bottles and cups.
- Reusable bags and wraps- Get away from plastic bags and saran wrap with reusable versions that come in pretty designs.
- Delicacies that are sourced sustainably- Think about ethically sourced chocolate. The double bonus with this is it does a world of good for the humans who source it as well!
- Organic products- The environmental benefits of buying certified organic products include: lower emissions, healthier soil and waterways, better storing of carbon.
Ethically Sourced Gifts
Do good for mom. Do good for the planet. Do good for humanity.
Ethically responsible gifts do all three and they don’t have to break the bank.
Follow these rules when you are shopping to ensure you are gifting products and services that are ethically sourced.
- Local when you can- It’s easier to know what a company stands for when it is sourced in your area and you interact with the people who create it. When you can buy local, you see the positive impact at a very personal level.
- Organic- This is a good initial indicator of what a brand stands for, though you should look for other traits that show how a product is ethically sourced.
- Learn the story behind the product- If you can’t talk to the CEO and the line workers at your local grocery store, read up on the story behind it. Who are the faces behind it? What is the mission? Where are the raw materials sourced?
Chocolate That Does More
At The Functional Chocolate Company, we offer products that your mom will love because they offer everything that will make her feel good!
- Ethically sourced ingredients- Our ethically sourced chocolate comes from a co-op of small farmers across South America. We are committed to supply chain transparency and accountability.
- Plant based/vegan- Crafted in Idaho from raw, ethically sourced cacao, these bars are 100% plant based, vegan & gluten-free. We formulate with a focus on effectiveness, but never compromise on flavor.
- Self-care enhancing nutraceuticals- Pairing chocolate with active nutraceuticals and clinically researched ingredients creates an indulgent and especially effective experience, as the natural healthy fats in the chocolate act as a carrier to improve bioavailability of the other ingredients.
- A great story- Based on his decades of experience in natural products, co-founder and single father Chris Peruzzi created the first Functional Chocolate products years ago as a fun, enjoyable way to care for his kids’ everyday health realities including his daughter’s PMS symptoms and son’s anxiety.
Order any variety of our amazing chocolate bars for the mothers in your life and get a gold star above each checkmark on their list.