· By Roxanne Benefiel
FunCho Reviews: The Best Remedies for Stress
Stress affects many of us at varying degrees. With the American Psychological Association reporting that almost 7 in 10 Americans have experienced an increase in stress since the start of the pandemic, it is no surprise that many are turning to coping remedies for help.
Causes and Symptoms of Stress
Stress affects everyone differently. While stress kept our ancestors alive by heightening their senses, modern stress can cause problems for our health. Chronic stress can lead to a variety of issues down the road when left unchecked. Some symptoms of stress to look out for include:
- Decreasing sleep quality
- Depression and anxiety
- Weight gain and digestive issues
- Heart problems
- Memory loss
- Increased pain
Depending on the severity of symptoms the impact could range from mild to life altering. Some modern stressors that impact our health include financial issues, job insecurity, political climate, and the biggest elephant in the room, COVID-19. When stress piles up, find ways to carve out time to get back to center.
What To Look For In Stress Relief Remedies/Products
Like a bad habit, stressors can be etched away with regular self-care practices. To get the most out of any remedy, find products and practices that speak to you and bring real enjoyment. You can find inspiration for stress relief from a variety of health blogs and magazines.
The ideal practice should be enjoyable, easy to implement on a regular basis, and long term. While the possibilities are many, we break down our top 5 stress busters- including pleasure-inducing superfood, dark chocolate.
Our Top 5 Remedies
- Epsom salt bath - Cleanse toxins and sink into a state of relaxation with a bath that is boosted with epsom salt. Extra stress busting points if you want to add a few drops of lavender essential oils, or light a soy based candle for ambiance. Just 15 minutes is enough to help bring down blood pressure and release toxins.
- Vitamin D - Armed with a good mineral based sunscreen, get some quality rays in during your lunch break. Vitamin D is shown to boost our mood and overall well being. Best of all, it’s free!
- Workout - Exercise is versatile and easy to adapt to anyone's preference. To get the best stress fighting benefits, find something that you actually enjoy doing and set a personal goal. You don’t have to run a marathon to reap the benefits of a solid sweat session.
- Love hormones - Whether it’s sexy time or simply time spent with someone you like, the hormone boost we get from feeling love and intimacy have a strong impact on our stress levels.
- Dark chocolate - The superfood benefits of dark chocolate are not new to the world of health. The pleasure you get from taking a bite is enough to start chipping away at pent up stress.
Why Dark Chocolate Is The Best Stress Remedy
The magic word when it comes to dark chocolate is serotonin. Serotonin is known as a mood boosting chemical, and dark chocolate contains it. Dark chocolate also contains flavonoids which lower your risk of heart disease and cancer.
Dark chocolate infused with mood balancing herbs and botanicals is a great way to combine the health benefits of dark chocolate with other tested nutraceuticals.
Carefree Chocolate - for stabilizing stress and anxiety, blends naturally vegan and gluten free chocolate with lemon balm, passion flower and other botanicals, alongside clinically researched and patented Pharma Gaba® & L-Theanine -- shown to promote an alert state of relaxation without drowsiness.
Combating the stress crisis is as simple as finding your pleasure and taking a bite out of life!
Order any of our life enhancing chocolate bars and liberate your senses while boosting your health.